February 24, 2009

Time for fabrics

I've been making collages all week and still got a few to show you
in future posts. By making so many, one after another, and especially making a few little series
I realized how much I learn from these exercises.
It's all about composition I feel!
Choosing colours has never been a problem for me, as I see so many beautiful colorcombinations both around me and in books and magazines. I can hardly sit quietly and browse through magazines for example, for when I got strikken by a photograph I immediately want to jump in the creativity mode. Inspiration is everywhere. But then: the composition part, that's where designrules come in, and balance, and focal points, rhythm, line and repetition. I have always been working quite intuitively, but now I feel the need to know a little more on this subject, so I took out my books of Sandra Meech and once again read these particular chapters. That's when the above experiment started and just to prove that I really need more knowledge on the topic: I got stuck already and don't know how to continue!!
But I let it rest today,
while my brains try to find a solution on how to move on with it, I know they will come up with something..... I trust on that!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin