July 5, 2009

Washington

Selfportrait!! Has nothing to do with Washington, but was taken yesterday during a lunchbreak. Don't I look happy??!!

This is the Pacific Coast near Kalaloch, on the Olympic peninsula. We stayed a couple of nights on a wonderful campground in the National Forest there, at one of the most beautiful lakesides!

My collection of Americana pictures is growing fast, not too difficult with these Independence Celebrations everywhere. In one of my future posts I will show more about that, it is so funny, nearly every house has the American flag flying, I have never ever seen a people before that is so proud of its country...

This is one of the mountain rivers where we camped, it is in the eastern part of Washington, along the Lewis and Clark trail. There was a lot of info available on this historic trail, quite interesting!

And finally: these are the Rattlesnake Hills near Richmond, it is almost Idaho there. And the climate is more desertlike, we were told that this area is the most Northern part of the Mojave desert in California, very hot days and cool nights.
Today we are in the vicinity of Puyallup, where we will meet our son who is flying in from Holland. We look forward very much for his company, as you may understand.
Well, from here: hope to see you again on my weblog soon, I will try to keep in touch! We are heading for Canada now, British Columbia and Alberta, after three weeks we will be back in Montana for our travel back home!!





3 comments:

Gerrie said...

You are so close and yet so far! I wish you had made it to Portland!

Rayna said...

Regina, I am so enjoying reading about your travels. Looking forward to more of your adventures.

kate i said...

Hi Regina, I came across your blog and saw that you're traveling into Canada so thought I'd send a shout of "welcome" to you! I live on Vancouver Island on the west coast. It looks like you're having a wonderful journey.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin