Unbelievable!! So many people waiting for this famous Old Faithful Geyser to erupt, every 90 minutes . In about two minutes all was over...
we saw men fly-fishing for the first time in our lives! (though this one seems to enjoy his morning coffee)
huge, kind of prehistoric animals, these buffalo. We learned that a few days after our visit a lady was thrown in the air, when she was making a telephonecall from a payphone and was unaware that the buffalo was approaching her... scary!
by now we know the difference between geysers, mudpots, paintpots, fumaroles and such. But it is all about steam, and it generates a stunning, but beautiful landscape.
in one of the general stores in the park, I spotted this fleece blanket and you will understand: the color was mine! It is a kind of fake Native American motive, but I liked the overall design, though we certainly do not need it in our motorhome.Hi there!
Just a week ago we visited Yellowstone National Park. We spent a good three days there, which were really beautiful and impressive. Saw (pronghorn) Antilope, Buffalo, Deer and even Bears. It was very funny: wherever you saw a lot of people alongside the road, you could be sure that there was game to be seen. This way we happened to see a Grizzly, so we were told (I still have my doubts...) and on the last afternoon a Brown Bear, of which I'm sure! We liked the landscape so much, with the rivers running throughout the Park and the beautiful mountains! But as for us three days were enough, so we left the park on the west-side and continued our way via Highway 191 to Bozeman (Montana), then went eastwards to Billings, where we had some businesses to do. Right now I blog from Richland (Washington) and tomorrow we will probably arrive somewhere near the Westcoast. We're halfway our trip today! Blogging is more difficult than anticipated, mostly because of very poor connections and being to busy travelling, setting up camp and cooking etc. We really are busy all day! But: I've made tons, really tons of pictures and one day or the other they will come by on this blog, be sure of that.
2 comments:
Hi Regina,
WOW! I am so much enjoying your pictures and tales of your adventure. You are bringing me sights from my own country that I've never seen!
I love the buffalo and all of the Yellowstone scenery. Thank you for your efforts!
Hi mom,
Did my examination for aerial photography today, pfft was not that easy!
Just one to go. See you in Seattle next week!
Ronald
Post a Comment