June 17, 2009

On the road...

I'm very sorry, but uploading pictures does not work in all these wifi-places we visit!! Frustrating but true... So without pictures today: we travelled across the Rocky Mountains from West to East, had our motorhome serviced in Denver and went on yesterday in Northern direction. Had a stopover in Casper, Wyoming. Right now we are in Cody, where we will visit some museums tomorrow and then continue our travel to Yellowstone National Park. I look forward to it very much, it is one of the highlights of our 8 wk- journey.
Some things that amaze me (a foreigner) visiting this country:
- lots of people seem to live on campgrounds: huge trailers, with everything you may need aboard: it has nothing to do with camping (as we European are used to do), people hardly get outside their trailer!
- I'm shocked by the amount of very, very fat people. Plus the quality of food some big supermarkets offer. You really have to search for healthy stuff. Of course by now we have discovered businesses like Trader Joe and Wholefoods( or is it Wholegoods?), but even there you can hardly find one kind of bread without sugar (or sweets) in it.
- the fact that also very old people work! I see people everyday that in Holland I would only see walking behind a rollator, but here it seems that people just work on. I don't know if they really have to, but one side of it could be, could be I mean, is that they are not feeling old so soon as people do in our country. In Holland when you are about fifty, you're made a future problem, and by that attitude you almost feel old. I hate that!
- and last but not least: most people are so friendly! And that is a truly lovely experience, I must say.
Well, that is it for tonight: I'm going to take a shower and dive into our cozy nest.
Hope to see you back soon, and to show you some all American eye-candy!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin