June 8, 2009

The Turquoise Trail

Gorgeous sunset, Cochiti Lake

New Mexico, land of buffaloes,

of the Historic Route 66

MADrid, town of hippy people,

rock carving in Petroglyph National Monument,
Albuquerque

Saturday we travelled from Albuquerque to Santa Fe by the trail above. It had a campground where we stayed one night, beautyful vistas over the eastside of the Sandia Mountains and San Pedro Mountains. We made a stop in a the quaint mining town of MADrid, which was chockfull of galleries, nice little artsy shops and old hippylike people. After visiting one of the leading galleries there (with some quilts of Deirdre Adams in it that I was very lucky to recognize!) we continued to Santa Fe. In an outlet we purchased some suitcases and camping chairs. That night we stayed near Cochiti Lake, which is near a pueblo of Native Americans. Yesterday we spent in Santa Fe, I will write about that in a future post. I already can say that it was ART, ART, ART!!!

We're going to Canyon de Chelly today, bye!!

1 comment:

Deidre said...

Just like home! The Petroglyph State Park is only a couple of miles from where I grew up in Albuquerque.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin