September 7, 2009

My tree... Getting Arboreal

Julie Prichard, from the Land of Lost Luggage, has taken the initiative again: Getting Arboreal is the name of this tribute to nature, where bloggers from everywhere post pictures of their favorite tree during the year.
You too can join!
Here you can find all the information to participate.
Let me explain about my choice...
It could easily have been the one with the orange blosson, the July cq. Flamboyant Tree. At the moment it is still flowering all over our island, it is beautiful, and it could have been my choice. But I was looking for something else...
So I went to the only park we have on the Dutch side of our island, the Emilio Wilson Park, and pictured this: don't the seeds look very promising? I'm fond of their shape, they look like dots which I often use in my work. Again, this could have been it, my tree...
But then, finally, in that same park, I knew: this one is the tree I want to present to all of you!
Why, you wonder?!
Is it beautiful? Mwah...I could easily find a tree that is more impressing, but hey:
this is the tree where I have had my stand during
for the last three years!
!
It provides shadow for the often relentless Caribbean sun,
shelter for the unexpected heavy rains,
its branches offer a splendid place to exhibit my quilts,
apparently nothing special, but for me it is a tree with a very special, personal meaning
And you, what is your favorite tree?

6 comments:

Julie Prichard said...

Hooray! Nice one, Regina! I love how the trunk is bent..really nice character! Thanks for joining us!

xoxo

Leslie Avon Miller said...

Good Choice Regina. I'll choose something...like the big maple. I live near the beach you visited in Washington state this summer - lots of north west rain forest choices.

jgr said...

Oh, I like it too! And I like the special meaning it has for you.

Leslie said...

I think it's a beautiful tree, and its branches are so interesting - the way they dip and twist.

Julie Prichard said...

Just a reminder that the Getting Arboreal: A Nature Collection is up for an update next week. Try to make a post with both your original tree photo and your new tree photo and leave me a comment so I can update the links. Hope to see you then!

nancy neva gagliano said...

it's a sculpture, alive and well!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin