One of the things I love of the Caribbean is its richness in colours,
my oh my, they cheer you up instantly!
Sea and ocean: always blue, wherever you look, from the most brilliant turquoise to a greyish green, almost indigo sometimes. Then the houses: all colours, but contrary to Holland/Europe: never grey and dull. They may often look shabby due to the lack of funds to maintain them properly, but grey and dull? Never!
I am sure this abundance in colours reflects in my quilts and collages, though I am not particularly fond of green. But today I invite you to walk with me through Punda again and discover: green...





2 comments:
I can see how it would be hard to feel down in the dumps in Curacao...beautiful!
I am loving the pictures of Curaçao -- the colors as well as the wonderful colonial buildings so typical of many of the islands.
How lucky you are to be there!
Post a Comment