It was time again to pay a visit to my tree. My first contribution to this collaboration came already late, and so is this one (sorry Julie!) . And since the tree itself looks the same to me, no fall, no color changes here in the tropics, I show some photographs of its surroundings. The hill in the picture above is Sentry Hill, it is part of a range that runs from North to South on the island. I live somewhere to the right, next to where the slope begins. In the pretty dense forest live animals like mongoose and yes, monkeys! They sometimes visit our mango trees, but I digress...
It serves, I guess, no other purpose than being decorative
And here it is, seen from the other side as last time.The park is being used a lot by islanders who have something to celebrate; every weekend there is some kind of BBQ, children party or meeting of an organisation and in the weekday afternoons I sometimes see children playing golf with their coaches!
I don't know what tree it is, it bears edible little apples in February and you can see them already in this picture if you click
some other hilltops from the range I mentioned, seen from under my little-apple-tree.There is a big discussion going on since a few years concerning this area, because developers want to build houses here. Fortunately the people of Sint Maarten for once are resisting this!
We should be very careful with what is left on places like this.
Already too much of our beaches, coast and other pristine parts of the island has been sacrified for the big money
Do you want to see more special trees, and read stories that go with them from all over the world? Then hop over to The Land of Lost Luggage, participants are on the left.
Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:
Looks like a remarkable place to live, and create.
I agree....you live in the most beautiful place! I love coming along with you on the island tours.
xo
PS_ I do see the apples!!
It's the final arboreal week...stop by so we can see your tree!
Post a Comment