November 19, 2009

Old stairs leading to...(continued)

(images are clickable)
In this post I promised to come back to the interior of this old building
that is located on the premises of Fort Amsterdam.
So I went up the few steps of the stairs, curious about what to find next...
looking to the left in the doorway

and to the right...

my interest was there, definitely, so I looked up, oh my,
look at that color, that lovely disintegration and decay!

Old rafters under the disintegrated roof.
Can you feel with me my happiness, when I found this 'jewel' on my island?
So close to my home, so quiet and abandoned, so accessible?

4 comments:

Ian Foster said...

Wonderful textures and decay, you have a real gem there and right on your doorstep. Lucky you.

Rayna said...

oh, I love this. Old buildings pull at my heartstrings and I wonder what those old walls have seen and what they know. Lucky you, to have found this place. Love the photos.

Julie Prichard said...

WOW!!

Chris said...

yummy yummy yummy!! love this place.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin