November 12, 2009

Treasure

It was a grey Caribbean day. Gray-greenish waters, cooling down already a bit with only a few weeks to go in the hurricane season. The light outside was perfect for shooting photographs, which I did, oh yes, plenty of them. More about that tomorrow. For now just this treasure that I found on one of our beaches. Not knowing from what organic being it comes, most probably a shell or starfish, it fills me with gratitude. Gratitude for the beauty to be found in the most humble pieces of nature...

4 comments:

layers said...

I went down to my beach today too to look for some small pieces of driftwood-which I have plenty of-- but had a new container which needed just the right sizes-- your find is unusual and I do wonder what creature used to inhabit it.

Leslie Avon Miller said...

How nice to live at the beach.

Julie Prichard said...

I love the patterns in this photograph..the simplicity. Really nice!

jgr said...

Your photos are wonderful!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin