April 16, 2010

Getting ARBOreal finale


This week i finally had time to visit my tree to picture it for this collaboration's finale. (please don't mind the underscore, I pressed some magical buttons and don't seem to get rid of it)


My tree is looking the same, year in year out. It may have some tiny little apple-like fruits hanging from its thorny branches, but you only see that from up close, no pastel colored flowering in spring like on so many other places in the world.

As I wrote in the first Arboreal part 1 and in the second, I choose it because it has done me a big favour in providing shade during the annual Art in the Park. Last February however, I rented a booth and that was way more convenient, as in case of rain I had a roof over my head. Yet I was happy that this year a new participant choose 'my' tree to show his paintings to the public


the tree where it is al about, you see, solid and reliable as a rock


to get some variety in the images, I waited til the sun had gone behind the hills and the working day was over. As everybody was rushing home, I entered the now deserted park. The soft light of almost dusk made the shadows long and there was a gentle breeze which was so welcome after the heat of the day: this is one of my favorite moments here in the tropics...


(I made this one clickable and if you like feel free to use it in your work)

the colours of nature are amazing, don't you think?
this detail is of the tree of the next photograph

we may not have spring here, but this green looks very springlike to me and I wonder if this is the same throughout the year? So much more to investigate...

Julie and JeriAnn: thanks for hosting this event!

1 comment:

Julie Prichard said...

The colors of nature are amazing..i agree! And the process of nature in general...how everything knows just when is the right time to do what..plants anyway.

I am so sorry to hear about your friend..I'm not a fan of the idea that god has a plan for everything either..I know that since grief is more tangible it is often easier to grasp...wishing you comfort.

Thank you for sharing the island wiht us during this collaboration!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin