In my blogpost of Sunday last I wrote about our friend that died last Saturday morning in his sleep. Needless to say that the last days have been full of emotions for lots of us, Bart being someone so loved and appreciated by many people. After re-reading my post I realized that I may have hurt the feelings of especially my religious blogreaders. If so, I would like to apologize for that and I do hope that you can understand that I made my remarks because I was upset and yes, also angry... However, I should have known better, there is a place for every opinion whether I agree or not. What furthermore worries me is the fact that, although we so often and easily say (I do that a lot at least): carpe diem, tomorrow may be too late etc etc, once you see it happen close by in your life it leaves you helpless and full of sorrow and in my case also angry a bit. Ah, when will I ever be a real wise woman?! Thank you Caterina for your comment, I agree with you and promise to never take it for granted anymore...
This Friday we will celebrate the life of our befriended colleague on one of our island's most beautiful beaches. We have been asked to wear bright coloured clothes for it really has to be a celebration. So with my head not at making art of any kind, I have returned to making clothes. Somehow it helps to simply follow these sewing rules and not having to think about all the misery around us all the time, though often enough.
I will make me some extra colourful clothes for this special occasion!
Thanks for reading,
Regina
2 comments:
oh my dear, you are so welcome.... dear Regina, I am no stranger to death, my brother died last may, the latest in a long goodbye of friends and rellys, it was not much consolation, but my heart goes out to you....
and the bright clothes is a wonderful tribute in and of itself! xo
I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, Regina, and you are entitled to your anger; it was such a shock. You are fortunate that you have your creative outlets to help you heal at this time. I'm sure the celebration will be just lovely. Peace and blessings.
Post a Comment