This post is again about circles and dots, as I originally planned to do in my Week of the Circle (see former post). Life with all its complications came in the way however, but my focus remained, so I simply extend 'my week' since this is my place, my very own, where I can do whatever I want, now isn't that fantastic, the idea alone?!
The focus on circles started by reading/browsing the book Elements of Design. And boy, once you focus on this design element (and I suppose this holds true for any topic), how often do you see it around you, in everything, in clothes, in logo's, in jewelry, printed matter, nature, urban structures, I could go on and on...
But now I begin to discover, it could be because of the contrast, the neutral colours, maybe it is the circle...
Circles (dots) in a lined pattern even make me feel more thrilled. Soon after seeing this photograph, I discovered Lisa Sarsfield's blog, where to my surprise I saw almost similar lines, now is this focus or synchronity? Please go and have a look at Lucky Dip
Lisa is a very talented lady...
now what's not to love about this?
This is work of Maarten Stuer. Dots, dots and circles, the light falling through so beautifully;
you can find more of his fabulous sculptures here
Another artist I admire is Cristina Guwang, a potter that makes 'bols', which is French for little, round bowls. Bols are an addiction of me that started a long time ago when I was living in Europe, it kind of stopped when we moved to St. Maarten where I don't see them being made. But the love is still there I realised when I discovered Christina's lovely work.
Lisa is a very talented lady...
now what's not to love about this?
This is work of Maarten Stuer. Dots, dots and circles, the light falling through so beautifully;you can find more of his fabulous sculptures here
Another artist I admire is Cristina Guwang, a potter that makes 'bols', which is French for little, round bowls. This one is heading in the direction of my next post that will be about circles in nature.
Guwang's website is here
Guwang's website is here
I hope you enjoyed today's dots and circles, thanks for visiting!
Regina


5 comments:
absolutely wonderful post! thanks for sharing and hoping you are feeling MUCH better! xx's
I'm loving these dots and circles (in pattern)and I love how you are extending your focus...your rules, your blog, your art! Thank you...great sharing!
I love the circles, they are a favorite shape and I never get tired of them.
Ah, Regina - you have gone through a difficult time, both physically and emotionally, these last weeks. Hope you are feeling better by now. Thank you for your beautiful posts - the circles are wonderful to see.
très beau!!!
Post a Comment