Though my dengue is not over yet, I'm feeling less feverish and can't wait any longer with working on my blog. This 'all things circular' was inspired by the wonderful book 'Elements of Design', you can read more about it here.
It is funny how often you see something when you focus on it, on things circular in this case. I remember seeing only pregnant women during my pregnancies, of course I did not really see just women with big bellies, but somehow my eye discovered them before seeing anybody else. That, I think, is the same psychological phenomenon! So, focusing it is I guess, on circles around us, to start with textiles, which I still consider my no. 1 love in the field of art/creativity.
circles in an old, tie-dyed t-shirt...
and a blouse of ages ago, but for me so beautiful that I cannot throw it away, circles within spirals, black and white, little dots in between, I love it!
more elaborate, but yet: a circle, almost like a doily
and last but not least this detail of a beachwrap, made in India.Oh, and then there are umbrellas, tree skirts, drunkard path's patchwork blocks, pillows ,...
Next time more circles, thanks for visiting!
Regina
2 comments:
Hi Regina,
So glad you're feeling better-you are so right: when you focus on something it seems to be 'everywhere'. Your circles are very cool, I love the tie-dyed one!
I love circles as well. I like your photo of the Caribbean on your side bar!
Post a Comment