August 12, 2010

Coastal hike

Both my children and a friend were still here and whenever we have guests from overseas, we hike this coastal, rugged path. Since it is very hot these days, we started early in the morning. This hike runs from Guana Bay to Pointe Blanche along the east side of our island and offers such great views, come and have a look too...

just a small part of the trail runs between cactuses like these, most of the trail is a well used goat-path

midway the route is Geneve Bay, where a shelter has been built by using all kind of sea 'treasures'

I love this little place outside and could easily sit here for hours!

the ropes that bind the wood together have been knotted in a professional seamans way, according to my son

on the left you can see the path, to the right is the Atlantic Ocean
Once again it was a great experience, walking this hike along our coast!

Next time I will continue reporting our USA-trip, have a wonderful day,
Regina

2 comments:

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Great to have family visiting...beautiful view!

Caterina Giglio said...

what a spectacular hike! I felt like I was there! has your family returned? sounds like a great visit!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin