August 5, 2010

Traveling to Billings (day 2)

Moore in Denver

Passion series #2

Day 1 ended in Denver where we stayed in a hotel close to the airport, since we had to leave again very early the next morning. In my eagerness I took some brochures from the lobby and read there is a big Moore exhibit scheduled for August (I think...) Now Moore is an artist I have been admiring for a long time and whose sculptures I had the pleasure to enjoy in Hollandat National Park "Hoge Veluwe".

Alas for me I was in Denver in May, but still I wanted to memorize this current exhibit in Denver, hence my collage's name.

Denver International Airport, Colorado

Bighorn Canyon, Montana

Just a few minutes before our plane landed in Billings (Montana) we flew over this canyon. It was an awsome sight from above and when we visited the canyon afterwards the memories of this areal view made it even more special. You can read more about this canyon in this post.

Thans for visiting and enjoy your Thursday!

Regina
PS: I might have raised the suggestion that I am still traveling (to Billings), but I have been back on the island for two weeks now. During our 2 months trip from Billings to Buffalo, internet and wifi were out of reach most days, so I decided to 'let it go' and my recent posts are retrospective, mixed up with collages I made while camping and traveling

2 comments:

jgr said...

Hi Regina,
I love your latest photos-glad you're having a good trip.

Caterina Giglio said...

oh yes the moore show! i would love to see it!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin