September 28, 2010

The Hague - street art

I had been shopping already the day before, so the next day was scheduled for art. Of course I could have visited a museum or some galleries, but I know the museums of this city quite well and I preferred being outside since the weather was lovely on this late September day. Downtown The Hague had some surprises for me, however! Like everywhere in the urban jungle there is graffiti, sure, but I came across this 'organized' street art, another one of my favorite art mediums: murals
public transport in one of the alleys
this one was at a construction site
a railway underpass I came along while on my bicycle,
a very colourful surprise in the greyisch Dutch landscape

detail

obviously nobody felt the need to add graffiti...

downtown The Hague
In the meantime I have returned to the Caribbean and feel very energized. It has been a fantastic trip to my country, visiting children and friends, inhaling the fresh autumn air and enjoying everything typical Dutch. Now it is time to finally return to my studio, to my art!
You all have a great day, thanks for visiting my blog,
Regina

1 comment:

Regina Piroska (Gina) said...

Hi Regina ... the street art pics are great .. such boldness (in colours, design and as wall art)... i love how graffitti has come into its own albeit somewhat controversial in places. I am in Switzerland at present and looking forward to those gallery visits you speak of >>> Gina

Blog Widget by LinkWithin