As promised, I will give the 'where- and whenabouts' of my posts, to avoid any confusion.
Well, it is time to continue the report of our USA-trip of this summer. Life in the Caribbean is catching up and I will keep this backlog if I don't start right now...
So here we go: after Minnesota, we entered Wisconsin. To be honest, we did not have any clue about what this state had to offer, other than its east coast is situated on Lake Michigan and it was on our route! One thing I had learned during our 2009 trip, was to set my expectations not too high, to be willing to make compromises in all kind of things, to make a combination that worked for the two of us. As I did not know anything about Wisconsin, the only fact my husband came up with was the fact that Harley Davidson bikes are being produced in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
A quick search on the internet learned about the museum there, its opening hours and other possibilities. Now had we lived in another time, we might have been bikers, had there not been three young children, had we not lived in the busy Western part of the Netherlands at that time, and had we not purchased that old farmhouse in the Eastern part of the country back in the eighties, we might have been bikers. But we did, so the Biker in us never came to a bloom, but at least with me, there has always been a kind of sympathy. For reasons I don't quite understand myself, I feel a kinship with them and seem to understand their passion. So it was decided rather quickly, we were to visit this Harley Davidson Museum in Milwaukee. And despite the terrible weather, we did not regret one minute of it. The visit was worth every minute of the drive we had to make for it, since campgrounds and big cities do not seem to go together we found a campground at about a 40 minutes-drive, but alas...
You won't be surprised to read this was my favourite one... ah, such a beauty!
in the museum was a big hall reserved for all kind of old advertising material, posters and in this case, shares (click for details!)
can you imagine, seeing this on the roads nowadays?
old posters of films where Harley's played a role
and finally this one, the one and only Harley from the movie Easy Rider (with biker Peter Fonda). Do you want to freshup your memory, like I wanted? There is more information hereSorry for the last picture that's a bit blurry. Next time I will show examples of one of my new loves of this summer, I mentioned it before: the red barn
Thanks for visiting!
Regina

No comments:
Post a Comment