October 24, 2010

E ta kla!

which means: it is finished
(in Papiamentu, one of 'my' 5 languages)

detail of the antique patch of embellished fabric
that I wrote about in this post


(the first two pictures were made in daylight on the veranda, the next ones inside my studio)

Because I expected the fabric to be rather fragile,
I sewed it onto a backing fabric with tiny running stitches first


an easy, natural choice for me would have been to add some black
or anthracit fabric around it, since I love black and love wearing it too!


But this time I chose this deep purple velvet that I had on hand.
It is a beautiful complimental colour for the rich dark orange/golden swatch


Some of the paillettes on the big circle were missing
(if you click the second picture you can clearly see this)

I had been recycling an embellished bag before and found similar
ones to restore the embroidery.

For this I used gold metallic thread.
The little bag is bordered with a purple linen
and is finished now.


This is going to be my favorite evening bag (or do you call it a purse?) this year!

It feels good that I finally finished something, at last, a fabric item,
made by hand and on my sewing machine.


Think I must leave that machine out on the table some more...

3 comments:

Caterina Giglio said...

yes leave it out, you are doing a great job! love this evening bag. just perfect!!

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Stunning! This is an evening bag that will draw admiring eyes...you did a great job and yes, keep the sewing machine out!

artymess said...

Lovely bag and exquisite piece of embroidery.......pleased i found your blog......Lorna

Blog Widget by LinkWithin