Funny how art can start!
In order to keep things managable in the house, I was screening my beloved magazines: which one to keep, which one to get rid of, you know the situation, don't you?
I have been collecting magazines for years on an end, browsing them every now and then and always feeling kind of 'rich' while doing so. Rich as a source for future inspiration. My most favorite zines are Cote Sud (which is French) and Happinez (Dutch). This 'treasure' traveled with me from the Netherlands to the Caribbean and I realize it would be crazy to bring them back again, no, not now , but in the not too far future. Books: ok, but magazines?
Back to the collages: I ripped out the articles and pictures that cannot yet be missed and in the series below I was mesmerized by the intense blue colour of lapis lazuli. On this island we are surrounded by the most beautiful turquoise waters, but this lazuli in an article on the Nile river, is a good runner up for me, I love it! The combination with the warm terracotta colour of buildings and sunset has it all for me.
Will you follow me along the river Nile?
River series 1
original collage 5 x 7"
recycled magazines
River viewRiver series 2
original collage 5 x 7"
recycled magazines
Day's EndRiver series 3
original collage 5 x 7"
recycled magazines
FeloukaRiver series 4
original collage 5 x 7"
recycled magazines
With this new collage series I hope to be back in the creative groove. My working table is clean, materials organized, my mind brimming with ideas!
Leave a comment please if you want to let me know what you think about this new work, I look forward to hear from you,
A great Tuesday for all of you!
Regina

3 comments:
wonderful collages Regina, and cannot wait to see what those ideas yield...
I think your river series is stunning and can see easily you expanding it. You have a wonderful way of creating your composition with papers and images...a true storyteller.
de très beaux collages.. magnifique!
Post a Comment