Today we went to the market in a city in the neighborhood. On our way to the railway station we came along this old mill. It is situated in a street behind our son's home, it dates back to 1560 and looks very, very Dutch!
We sometimes notice that people from abroad expect the Dutch to walk on wooden shoes, well they don't! Except for farmers, they still use them during their work on the fields and in the stables. Yet they are readily available for everyone, especially in this part of the country (the East of the Netherlands)
and this was the view from the train this morning.This is the Holland that I know from my youth, the Holland I love!
Thanks for visiting,
Regina
2 comments:
thank you for sharing the Holland that you love! just wonderful! wishing you a very happy new year! xx's
Hi Regina,
Thank you as always for the virtual trip to lovely far-away places. I can see why you love it!
Post a Comment