March 11, 2011

I have always loved...

weaving and baskets, fabrics and sewing, colors, metal and other glimmers, recycling
and now

they all seem to fall in place.
I have found a way to get the look, with my medium, in my way.

It is not my invention, I discovered it on this blog, yet I do it my way. Judy is calling it her meditation panels, but instead of emptying my head (as is supposed to happen with meditation) I think the whole world over while working on this.
That is good, however, cause this is working very slowly, without hurrying and that of course makes the word meditation properly used. Whatever! The cloth measures half a metre square by now, so it will take me some time to finish it. By then I will show the final results...


I also discovered that this procedure uses lots of embroidery floss and since this is not available on our island, I also started to dye that myself, using Procion dyes and the finest available white crochet yarn. No problems here spending my time!!


Hope you have fun this weekend!

Regina

1 comment:

ArtPropelled said...

A wonderful, creative way to bring all your interests together and lovely colours too.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin