March 4, 2011

Regatta time!

The Nautical Scene
original collage
sxm series #5
Today was the first day of the 31th Heineken Regatta on St. Maarten.
It is one of the major annual happenings and the island is full with tourists, sailors and party-lovers in general. Tomorrow we will be watching the races from a catamaran that will sail to the first buoy and I look forward to witness it tremendously. Every night after the races there is a very extensive party programm, with the ultimate show being organised Sunday at the beach/bay where the races end: Kimsha Beach in Simpson Bay. Wycleff Jean will be the main attraction and we intend to go there too. My daughter is sure I won't like his music, so now I have to go to Youtube to get an idea of him, we'll see. But first: the races, tomorrow. Will make many pictures, promise!
Enjoy your weekend,
Regina

1 comment:

Mary said...

this is a beautiful collage, wonderful colors and composition.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin