December 1, 2011

The Marigot Market

Hi!


It is Thursday, so on my Facebook site I posted storyboard # 16. Last week I explained my decision to post the original pictures here on Mostly Turquoise, you can read it here.



This week's storyboard was made of the first two of the pictures below. On the French site of the island there is the 'capital' Marigot, that has a lovely marketplace near the waterside. This true Caribbean place is boasting with activity on Saturday morning, with fresh fish from our waters and fruits, vegetables and spices from here and/or the neighbouring islands.


Stalls to the left and the right, gingerbread lattice work

and the playful game of sun and shadow

Unfortunately the place is becoming somewhat dilapidated and I really cannot
imagine why this fence is broken at this particular place. But it still inspires...

and to complete your impression of this lovely spot: the view!
That's the new Marigot Marina
in the distance.

Thanks for visiting today!

3 comments:

Carole Reid said...

This would be an interesting place to explore.

Caterina Giglio said...

the minute I saw the photo in my side bar, I knew where you were! I have photos of that lattice! xx

Mostly Turquoise said...

Oh Catrina, I will put a new banner on my blog and I am pretty sure you recognize that place too!
Both Carole and you thanks for commenting...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin