February 28, 2012

Going nautical

Living on an island in the Caribbean has a lot of pro's, and yes, there are some con's also...
On my blog I mainly focus on the positive side and during the years of living here this helped to become more mild, less direct than when I was living in Holland, or so I like to think.

The island is slowly getting in nautical spheres with the upcoming Heineken Regatta of next weekend and I have some recent nautical pics that I so much want to share here!
DH and I had been invited to a farewell party on the sailing vessel 'Eendracht' (http://www.allatsea.net/article/January_2011/Tall_Ship_EENDRACHT_to_Take_Three_Trainees_on_Board_in_St_Martin) and for me this was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to have a look on a beautiful ship that has it's port of call in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. There were lots of spots on the ship that showed their beauty, I will let them speak for themselves...





















You got the idea?? Hope you liked it! We left the ship ten minutes before it was to sail away to Bermuda, where it was expected to be in the right place to sail the Passat winds back to Europe via the Azores. Sint Maarten DWI, so many pro's!!

3 comments:

Rayna said...

How lovely! I am finally catching up with you.
Have been crazy/busy but will be able to catch my breath in mid-March.

Thinking of you!
xo

Ronald said...

Sometimes when i'm working offshore i see ships like these. It's said that the Russian marine still use them to train their personell.

Gr. Ronald

Caterina Giglio said...

great photos, love the rust and rope shot, and I imagine there are a few cons.... but oh my ... it looks like paradise to me! xo

Blog Widget by LinkWithin