March 28, 2012

I made me a bag...

This cushion cover I made some years ago and I intended to sell it at Art in the Park.


However, though many people looked at it and said they really liked it, it still was there at the end of the day.
Because I usually just make what I like myself, I did not mind at all, can you imagine? So when I needed a bag to carry my I-pad, I thought of this one. It was soft, it was padded, both important for the new to make bag, plus it was my favorite for the fabrics and colours.



This was the original cushion cover.


The 'African' fabric is much used in my home, it originates from a tablecloth I bought years ago in a health food store. I made stamps of the figures and have been using it in some of my art... Next to the black strip is hot pink fabric I dyed myself, then a decorator fabric and a lovely bedstripe in greige/white.

I folded it in a way that gave an idea how it could be, and liked both sides, the front and the back


I took out the zipper from the back of the cushion case, closed the opening by hand and sewed the zipper back again for its new purpose. Just zigzagged the edges, no difficult sewing it was what I was after and here is the result:



A bag for my I-pad, my fabrics, my style, I'm happy with it!

Today I am off to Marigot on a photo mission, more on that in a future post...


Have a great Wednesday and thanks for visiting (and I would love your comment!)




Regina

2 comments:

Carole Reid said...

Love it! Beautiful fabric. Have a great week.

Mostly Turquoise said...

Thank you Carole, same to you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin