June 5, 2012

A few weeks to go



Hi!

It has been a while, too long in fact...

Last night I could not sleep, nothing serious, just too much going on with an upcoming move to Spain, preparations for our last trip to the US, trying to sell the house and more of this. And when I can't sleep, I tend to go phylosophical, which as such is not too bad, in fact I am being phylosophical quite often, but until now have kept that away from blogging; it's about time to open up a bit, I feel!
Anyhow, these quiet hours, when even the crickets are finally silent, the birds are not yet awake and our neighbour dogs also don't see any reason to bark, these quiet hours spark a lot of good ideas!

I was thinking about this blog, about it's future. Already having decided to continue it, also after we have arrived in Spain, I was thinking how I could slightly change it, without losing it's main character. You see, I also want to start a new blog in Dutch, since this is my native language I expect to be able to communicate more freely; my English might be correct, or so people sometimes tell me, but to myself it sounds too formal, I simply lack the everyday common words that I would like to use, that I suppose would express my feelings and ideas better. So, a new blog in Dutch. Have been pondering about a name for it (in former sleepless nights :-) ),  about the difference in contents, what would make this new blog different from Mostly Turquoise. And it seems like I have come to an agreement with myself.

Mostly Turquoise as it is will be continued. I will post all things art/culture related here. As I have written before, there is not much activity in artmaking at present, but I hope to resume that soon.
My new blog will have the name 'Meestal Turquoise', which actually has the same meaning but is Dutch. When I started my present blog four years ago, I was quite overwhelmed how easy it was to launch a blog and I was not prepared for this speed at all, so kind of out of the blue I had to come up with a name: Mostly Turquoise it was.
Now with the newly to launch blog, of course I have the opportunity to go for a completely different name. But I prefer to the present one, cause for me it is a perfect one, it suites me well: it refers to my mood, which is mostly optimistic, not feeling blue. I get a happy feeling from looking at anything turquoise! It has yellow sunshine in it, moreover the Caribbean sea is as turquoise as can be and I can enjoy that everyday here on the island... I expect and remember the Mediterranean to be about the same, mostly, not always. Hence the name!

On my  new blog, Meestal Turquoise, I want to write a little bit more about mundane, everyday subjects, for the time being Caribbean and in the near future about traveling in our motorhome and our move to Spain of course and the settling thereafter. For anyone not speaking Dutch I intend to include a Google translator gadget, maybe not perfect, but I understand it will be good enough to get the idea of what I will have written.

So this is the plan, the new blog will be on air soon.

Back to the picture: it has nothing to do with all the stuff above. However, it is art related, since it depicts a statue I adored when we visited the Nedra Mateucci gallery in Santa Fe in 2009. It was our first 2 month trip to the USA that started in New Mexico. You can read more about it here and here .

As always, thanks for visiting!

Regina

1 comment:

els said...

Hi Regina,
Ik ga je nieuwe blog uiteraard volgen. Ben erg benieuwd naar de komende belevenissen. Spannend hoor.
Grappig ik heb precies dezelfde foto genomen in Santa Fe, nu al bijna 17 jaar geleden.
Groetjes,
els

Blog Widget by LinkWithin