This post is on, what I have come to call, landing poles.
I was looking for inspiration in my digitale archive and saw this picture (the first) again. It is a photograph of the remainder of what once was a lift to take a yacht out of the water.
Our favorite breakfast spot on the island is a French bakery, that has its terrace at the lagoon-waterside. Both sailors from their yachts as well as people living here frequent the place for they sell delicious ' baguettes' and 'croissants' and make a very good cappucino. But I digress... back to the poles!
This one sits in the water and every time I am there, I admire it because of its (to me) artistic beauty. The colour, the rust, the water and reflection...
And then I remembered the similar pictures I seem to make, wherever I am traveling. Tried to figure out what it is that is speaking to me in these pictures, I really gave it a good thought, for it intrigues me...
old landing poles on the island of St. Eustatius
along the Surinam River in Paramaribo
and finally somewhere in Maine last summer.
What inspired me most in these pictures is
contrast
the water
rhythm
and last not but least the memories I have of all these places!
Thanks for visiting my blog today!
Regina




No comments:
Post a Comment