June 4, 2013

Coastal walk

view from the path below the coastal road, 
Moraira in the distance


Finally, I had made time for a walk last Sunday. My goal was an English bar, where we had a coffee last week. They have a place inside that is full with books for swapping. Most of the books are in English, but every now and then there is one in Dutch. Last week I discovered a thriller that I would like to read, so I asked the  bartender if I could take it now and bring in another book one of the next days. "No problem", he said. 

To get on the lovely coastal road, I just have to leave our street, take a right and then a left and there you are: it looks like the French Riviera! Our municipality had made a good sidewalk, so many pedestrians, runners etc. enjoy it while being close to the sea, it is lovely. The statue below is something you cannot miss. It sits at a good spot, the persons seems to be looking at the bay of Moraira.


this statue is of rusty iron, a material that is also used for the statues on the many roundabouts in our village. They seem to be from the same artist, something I want to find out next...

The picture below shows the coastline as you can see when looking in the opposite direction. There are three or four sandy beaches in our village, but all along the coast you can discover little, secluded and mostly rocky places where you can go for a swim or snorkeling. These 'cala's' are not visible when driving on or walking along the winding road. To reach them you have to go down steps that are hardly visible, you have to discover them yourself and I love that! This ensures that these tiny, stony beaches are mostly quiet and very clean.


The coastal path is even more beautiful once you leave the village of Moraira and enter Benissa. There starts an ecological path between this city and the city of Calpe. The famous Penon d'Ifach rock is to be seen on the last picture in the upper left corner.
When my son was here a few weeks ago, we started that walk in Calpe towards Moraira.
More on that next time!

Bye for now,

Regina

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin