my small washi tape collection...half of it made by moi
As with our former residence, it seems that we have again chosen a place where it is difficult to buy art supplies. Some years ago this sometimes made me frustrated, but no more so! I have learnt that in fact everything is there (here), but not in the places one expects...I discovered that acrylic paint, brushes and related products, are being sold in a paintstore, yes, the one where you buy your housepaints! In fact so logical, but I have never seen this in Holland and/or the USA. Another advantage is that this lack of 'everything' artsy has a huge benefit: you don't get overstimulated and I myself get inspired to look for different solutions.
On the internet I found several sites where the most beautiful washitapes are pictured. Washitape and Spain do not know each other yet (I think...), so with some doublesided tape from our Chinese supermarket I now make my own. The possibilities are endless, so is my stack of magazines with colorful pictures... problem solved!
in the tiles store...
As you may know our new home is a big renovation project that is currently asking for much decisionmaking: what bathroom and kitchen do we want/need, what materials do we choose/can we afford...? The above picture I shot in a tiles store. Spain has a very famous reputation of producing tiles and the assortment is huge. I think we might choose a very simple, basic, terracotta for our complete upper floor. It is tempting to choose one of these small bordertiles, but I'm afraid I will get bored by them after not too long time. Great for inspiration, though!
and now the weather is getting warmer, it is time to take these lanterns out of the crates and enjoy them in our lovely garden, I love long summernights, when the sun has finally set and a slight breeze cools my sunburnt skin...
Summer, happy!
Have a great Sunday, thanks for visiting!
Regina
Have a great Sunday, thanks for visiting!
Regina



No comments:
Post a Comment