Bounty
digital collage
Hello dear readers,
My plans for today got completely disturbed and so I had to be flexible...that means imo that I have some extra time for my long neglected blog!
It has been quite some time that I have been practising my skills in making digital collages, so I used this opportunity. Looking for some pictures for layering, I found some in my picture collection of Canada, 2010.
It was the day before Canada Day when we visited Toronto and the city was preparing for the festivities of the next few days. One of the scheduled highlights was a tallship festival and one by one these enormous and most impressive ships came sailing into the harbour.
We visited some of them, one being the famous HMS Bounty, the replica vessel that had been built for and used in several movies, Pirates of the Caribbean being the last one if I remember right.
Last year this ship unfortunately sank during hurricane Sandy and I heard this news while we had only been moving to Spain some weeks before. Actuality made me kind of miss the details then, but this morning I found tons of information on the internet, here and also here, lots of pictures of this ship can be seen at this site
Back to my collage now! I used part of an old blogbanner, cropped it and that is the part that says Enjoy, put a picture of the man on the Bounty that was inspecting (?) the Bounty sails back in 2010 over it, and then the layering fun started. Playing with filters, opacity and this is the result.
Thanks for stopping by, see you soon,
Regina

1 comment:
Your plans changing became a lovely collage...wonderful handling of colors but so sorry to read the tall ship is no longer. Enjoy your days of settling in to your home!
Post a Comment