Many years I have succeeded in refusing to work with different materials than fabric and paper...
It is not that I did not want to try, but knowing myself and my enthusiasm, I expected it to disturb my focus. I thought I had to make choices and thus it was fabric (quilts, sewing, art quilts) and paper (collage)
But about a year ago I let this selfimposed regimen go!
And started painting, more on that in future posts...
I have to say that it is nice to feel free to experiment with different media, so when I recently saw the decoration chain on this blog, I decided to give it a try.
there was a package of air drying clay left from our Caribbean period
(you see I was tempted already back then!),
and fortunately this material is also available in Spain
so I made over twenty big beads, let these dry during two days and then painted them twice
the clay was white and I wanted it to become more or less concrete coloured. Then I remembered I had seen these little sample tins in one of the paint stores...
Most of their stock were empty tins (it looked so organized and impressive to me!), but there was one colour Down Pipe present in this size
so I now have completed this huge decoration chain and will certainly find a place for it, will show pictures then, ok?
and last but not least: this is how the recycled dress from this post turned into a scarf. I wore it with a sense of elegance (the drape is gorgeous!) yesterday on our 43rd anniversary diner in a lovely 'chirinquito' near the sea.
That's it for today, thanks for reading and enjoy your Wednesday!
Regina




4 comments:
Gorgeous work.. So nice to see you trying new things!
Thanks for your lovely comment, Cat!
WOW! Happy anniversary. The beads are super, as is the scarf. So talented!
Thank you, Rayna!
Post a Comment