After we moved to our current house, the men started the renovation.
It was a time of much noise and dust, the tiles of our complete floor
had to be removed in order to install a new concrete layer
to enable the solar energy pipes and system to work.
At that time there was not yet much participation needed from me
(or so I thought)...
So, inspired by this idyllic picture
...I remembered these storm lanterns that we brought to Spain from our house
in the Caribbean.
They had been left behing by the former owners of that house
and I have a tendency of always taking with us something of the past.
The red color of these lanterns never spoke to me and I started with one
of these to get rid of the red paint: dissolvent first, then sanding, buf buf, and halfway this job
my DH saw what I was doing (while he was working that hard, oh my)
.......
and he suggested to wait with this until the house was finished
and I reluctantly had to admit that he might be right,
so I put the lanterns away
This week I rediscovered the lanterns
and since I have this new hobby to renew, repurpose and recycle
I started with the one lantern that was half stripped of paint and
the other half rusted, haha!
As for me letting them completely rust would also have been an option, but DH hates rust...
I probably have to put on at least one more layer
of the black anti rust paint
but this is how it looks
after this morning's job
Happy Painting..!
Regina




No comments:
Post a Comment