September 17, 2015

Morning walk

Now temperatures in Spain are more pleasant, after a very hot summer, I have resumed my daily walks
 
I must confess that the Mediterranean life is very attractive, with so much wine, tapas and siesta, so daily walks are one thing I can do to increase my condition...
 
 So let me show you some vistas from this morning, it is funny how much details can be seen when you simply walk!
 
 
My walk started along the vineyards, where the grapes
are ready to be harvested
They make a sweet dessertwine with these, called Mistela
 
 
Then I passed a big carob tree. Its leaves are a good replacement
 for Eucalyptus in bouquets!
We don't have fresh flowers here (just imported), neither have I seen Eucalyptus,
 but
silk flowers and carob tree leaves are a good follow up for me...

 
fruits of the carob tree
During WW II it was an alternative for cocoa,
but I believe nowadays it is only being used in
the health food section of our food
industry
 
 
the artist in me got excited when I discovered this tree trunk,
in fact it was a hole of an old branch that has weathered over the years
...pure beauty...
 
 
some more eye candy
 
 
the tree that can be seen all along the Mediterranean coast:
the pine tree
it is protected nowadays, for there have been removed way
too many trees during the house building boom of
some decades ago
 
 
and finally, on my way back  home, the sea!
It never ceases to make me happy
 
This was it for today, I hope you enjoyed this impression of
my morning walk
 
Bye 4 now!
 
Regina


2 comments:

Ineke said...

Ziet er geweldig uit!

Rayna said...

So beautiful. Thanks for the tour; my walk takes me to very boring streets.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin