December 14, 2015

Winter

 
 
Hello!
 
 
Winter in Spain means a grey, sometimes silvery Mediterranean...
 
Half of the restaurants and terraces in our village are closed in this time of the year. But that does certainly not mean that it feels like a dead place, oh not at all.
 
This morning I walked to the village centre which is about ten minutes from our home, I posted the Christmascards and after that went to a few of the charity shops. They are an addiction for me, since living in this beautiful country.And this time they again had some treasures for me, one persons trash is another's treasure it is called I remember.
 
For quite some time I have been searching the internet for a bootpattern, a modern kind of spat. I had seen a lady with a really gorgeous pair last winter and when I asked her how and where, she answered: Oh, yes, my aunt made these..! Because I am a maker and really believe people can make everything they want, my search started. But as far as the pattern was concerned to no avail. There came in this morning's surprise: there was a pair of old, worn boots that had exactly the form I want, so I bought them and will now take them apart to make my own pattern. I will see which parts I can recycle!
 
The other find was a tiny necklace, composed of cotton string with dangling metal circular charms attached. They will have a future life in a selfdesigned tribal necklace and maybe even in the spats.
Happy me on a Monday morning!
 
The digital collage above is a detail of a painting I started yesterday. The topic is Winter, of all topics. I have to say I hate everything cold and slippery, snow, ice, rain etc. and that is one of the reasons we moved to Spain... So my interpretation of winter will not be traditional and for now the painting consists of a big iceblue part with a warm and to me lovely heart. We will see whether I can get on the canvas what's in my head...
 
I'll keep you posted, bye for now,
 
Regina

1 comment:

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Making your own boots?!! Wow, I am impressed and will be anxious to see the results. I so like this painting.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin