Some time ago I wrote about a new topic we received for our painting group
It was 'Winter';
a season I don't have very warm feelings for, to put it mildly...
Though there is no obligation at all, I usually try to stick to the chosen subject, because it widens my view and sometimes challenges to work out of one's comfort zone, not that I already have one with painting, haha!
The very first wintery thing that came into my mind was white of course. Btw: I chose an old canvas to work on, being almost sure that Winter was to become a failure considering my feelings...
I divided the canvas in three vertical zones and glued some shimmery papers and foils after painting the white and gray.
Something meaningful was still missing and thus came the word 'Verlangen', which is Dutch for 'Longing for' and the Buddha image (I don't know if it is Buddha, or another Buddhist figure)
This painting started around Christmas last year and that part is reflected in the middle section, at least that is my understanding which means that the painting has been created rather spontaneous and evolved into this...
the period of candlelight, parties and yes, longing for...in my case for a warmer season. The dots are gold acrylic, the yellow paper rippings also have gold on it, unfortunately not visible on this picture
the blue side parts looked a bit like ice to me, but were too blue I thought for looking like ice to skate upon, it had to be a bit more dirty. Buddha and the image at right disappeared a bit and now the golden middle stood out more.
My winter was done... and is now on the gallery wall of our club.
The last picture I took this morning with artificial light, so that doesn't do the painting justice, but hey, you got an idea!
Thanks for visiting!
Regina



4 comments:
In een woord PRACHTIG
Interesting.
Dank je wel Els. Hoewel deze heel anders is geworden dan mijn andere schilderijen, kijk ik er toch met plezier naar!
Thank you, Penny!
Post a Comment