January 27, 2009

Kura Hulanda (the hotel)

Before I start up blogging about my daily Sint Maarten routine, I want to write and show pictures of last week's trip to Curacao:
Art throughout the hotel

Dutch influences, yet so Caribbean!

Room 104

One of the hotel's murals

I feel at home here...

One of the things I simply have to do whenever we are on Curacao, is visiting Kura Holanda in Otrabanda.
Otrabanda (which is Papiamento for: The Other Side) is a neighbourhood that is located on the south-west side of the Annabaai, the harbour's entrance. It is the neighbourhood where my husband grew up and it holds of course very much memories for him. Part of it has now been restored and turned into a most beautiful hotel. So imagine, both Caribbean and colonial houses in fantastic colors and a now splendid setting, saved by an initiative of Jacob Gelt Dekker. You can read more about this development, hotel and museum (I'll write about that in a separate post) here

Once again I spent some hours there and enjoyed every minute of my visit
Should you ever have a chance to visit Curacao: go there too!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey Mam,

nou ik heb met plezier het uitgebreidde verslag gelezen.fijn dat jullie het naar je zin hebben gehad op curacou!nou weer lekker thuis denk ik he!naa die greyisch weeks..haha..nou ik ziet dat de kleuren op curacou niet veel veranderd zijn,leuk om weer te zien!in nl ben ik de laaste fase ingegaan qua verbouwing en inrichting.13 februari oplevering maar het is haalbaar.ik zou snel ff foto's mailen en een uitgebreid verslag van hier.

nou tot snel! x mars

Blog Widget by LinkWithin