I was following Julie Prichard's tutorial on Portion Control in painting, in making journal pages. Decided to use some aquarel paper that already had been gessoed. I even made a similar color choice, or my work probably would have resulted red or blueish again (hope you don't mind Julie!). So, an extra challenge for me.
I used some snippets of a wallpaper sample from my recent trip to a building market in Holland
If you are a regular visitor of my blog, you may have noticed that my work is rather colourful.
I really like bold, strong colours, but I'm equally fond of stark contrast. And where do you find that better than in black, white and neutrals? O.k. on a safari perhaps, spotting zebra's and other wildlife :)
Back to the process: this is my stencil collection, it is rather limited, I have to order or make some more.. until then you will often find the French lilie in my work, since I like it very much
( I am/was a true francophile when living in Europe)
I used some snippets of a wallpaper sample from my recent trip to a building market in HollandIf you are a regular visitor of my blog, you may have noticed that my work is rather colourful.
I really like bold, strong colours, but I'm equally fond of stark contrast. And where do you find that better than in black, white and neutrals? O.k. on a safari perhaps, spotting zebra's and other wildlife :)
Back to the process: this is my stencil collection, it is rather limited, I have to order or make some more.. until then you will often find the French lilie in my work, since I like it very much( I am/was a true francophile when living in Europe)
I had some old experimental work (pre www) in this frame, took it out and put my new art in.
To me it looks pretty 'artsy', what do yo think?
You can find the tutorial on Julie's blog Land of Lost Luggage.
Once again many thanks to you Julie!
PS 1: Looking at my work while typing this post, I doubt whether the Portion Control aspect did succeed as it is rather busy with all the lettering and flowering...but alas, it was the very first time I heard of it and tried, other than in eating!
PS 2: does anyone of you know where I can find/order punchinella scrap/sequin waste?
Have been looking for it at Michaels, in Holland, on Curacao with no result and thought maybe you can help me.
Thanks for visiting my blog!


13 comments:
Your portion control looks really great, Regina! I really like that red color and the flower stencil...a beautiful combination! Did you enter your link onto the Street Team blog yet?? You should!! See you soon :)
Regina - welcome to the team! So glad you came to play. Love your sprayed page! Terrific colors and composition - definitely qualifies for portion control!
This looks great Regina. I think it qualifies for portion control too. I have yet to try mine but I agree Julie's tutorial was fabulous!
Regina, your portion control looks really great - I like that you framed it. Some of those wallpaper samples would make great stencils! Thanks for stopping by my blog!
I think you have done a great job - the finished artwork looks fantastic in its frame.
This is fabulous! It's not too busy! It's very pretty. I'm going to be back to your site, too, because you have good colors.
I also think that you did a great job and to frame it is the perfect touch!! It deserves a frame!!! i also love the colors in your blog banner- turquoise and orange/red- one of my favorite color compositions!! As for Punchinella i have tons of it- several rolls anyway and I would love to send me some- perhaps we could arrange a small trade!! Send me an emila with your mailing address and I will get a bunch of it in the mail to you!! Great to meet you!!
Elizabeth
p>S I think that Julie should be very proud of her new student- I love her work as well!!
I just started the crusade last month and I'm excited about the challenge. I like what you've done. If the previous comment had not offered sequin waste, I would have sent you some. It's great.
Hi Regina,
I'd be glad to send you some sequin waste if you send me your address! Here's my email...paulateach@cox.ent
I think this came out great. And I agree with some of the other comments love your colors.
Hoi Regina/Hi Regina,
GAAF gemaakt!/WELL done! En zeker is dit portion control /SUre it is portion control! De oude meesters bestudeerden ook altijd hun voorbeelden goed, dus je bent in goed gezelschap./ The old masters studied their classics too, so you took a good advice from them ;-))
groetjes/greetings,
Hedwig (uit Nederland/from the Netherlands)
Great results! I love the layers and the mystery you created. Thanks for playing and sharing!
Great fun page, and I think you have lots of stencils if you compare with me... hehe. You can find punchinella at etsy.com at different sellers I think... Just go there and do a search, there are probably someone who selles indie and very cool stencils too...
Post a Comment