April 20, 2009

Sea urchins (1)

My creativity level these days is not too high.
It has been a while since I worked in paper, since I have glued, painted and sewn (a few weeks is a very long time in this regard!)
But this caribbean island, and more especially the surrounding beaches and tropical waters, is constantly inspiring me. If you are a regular visitor of my blog you might have noticed that I am completely in love, in awe I must say, with the wonders of Photoshop.
I admit that I'm just a novice, but the possibilities that are within reach seem endless. So I am trying to make a combined kind of 'soup'' today of all things mentioned above.... caribbean, fabric, tropical etc.
Come and join me on my search for inspiration...

sea urchins, found on the shores of St. Maarten. If you see the amazing pattern of the little calcium dots up close (click the picture) then you can only admit there must be something more...
inspired by these urchins,
I made a stamp some time ago and printed this piece of cloth. Hand dyed first, then stamped and stencilled with my own 'products' and fabric paint. The turquoise motive is from a pod of the Flamboyant tree. You can read more about these stamps and stencils here and here
Thanks for visiting my blog today!!
(to be continued)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin