May 7, 2009

Today's flowers


Since I started blogging almost a year ago, I take lots of photo's to spice up my posts. In the beginning I just posted them, but the real fun came when I learned to use Photoshop. No, I did not follow a workshop of training, and I certainly wouldn't say I am experienced, but I know far more than when I first used it...
For my digital collages I usually combine several pictures and layer them, after which I play around with several blending modes, colorchannels and opacity until the new picture looks attractive to me. I combine pictures of my paper collages, quilts, shells and other sea treasures, travels and flowers etc. and can now better than in the very beginning 'predict' (only just a little) what the outcome will be, what the effect will be like. I try to use only pictures that are made by me.
This morning I took a picture of the tuturutu flower (I only know its Papiamentu name) and layered it with a picture of one of my paper collages The first picture is what came out of this experiment!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Hi Regien,

Ze noemen het hier Pride of Barbados!! Prachtige bloemen!!

Groetjes

Blog Widget by LinkWithin