May 12, 2009

Mapping my SXM adventures...

(click the image for details)
This map shows the biggest part of St. Maarten/St. Martin. I thought, since I post about my trips on this island on a regular basis, it would be nice to show our island map for once. Yesterday's post was about Colombier right in the middle of it, and because it is situated between the hills, you do not have the usual vista's of see and ocean that are often so stunningly beautiful and soooo turquoise. But that's why I suppose you get the offlandish feeling when you are in the Colombier valley, I think that is how the human brain works, in mental pictures and certain frames (mindmapping is the official word for it I guess). Back to the picture: the red numbered dots on the bottom and the left are diving spots. The red lines are mountain trails, of which I unfortunately did not hike any, maybe I should set that as a goal for after my vacation! The turquoise trail to the south-right side of the map is a coastal hike that is my favorite walk, I wrote about it in this post.
And: if you are a francophyle like me, and would like to see more of La Douce France on this island, come back again tomorrow for some eye-candy!
Thanks for your visit, have a wonderful Tuesday

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin