Since years, all the way from Europe where I bought it on one of the European Quilt Festivals, I have been in love with this fabric. Yes, indeed, in love! Fabric lovers like me will certainly know what I mean by that: not wanting to ever cut it apart, just cherishing it in your treasure chest and having a look at it every now and then and feeling instantly rich. You see? I'm soo easy to please :)
So yesterday I was putting away fabric remnants of my latest quilt and I saw it again.
It is a kind of fabric sampler, measuring about 2.5 m in length and 0.3 m in width, showing lots of patterns and motives. And to add to this happiness, also yesterday I was browsing through some magazines (tons of them, another treasure in the 'chest') and happened to read an article about Bogolan, or mudcloth that is being made in Mali since ages. You understand I had to come into action, with all these creative juices flowing...
it contains much of what I love: contrast, repetition, neutrals, graphic patterns , and fabric!
Though regular readers of my blog may know my use of bold colours in my quilts and collages, that does not mean that I do not like black, white and neutral colors, in fact I love them also.
So I'm afraid I am a colour omnifore and thus change my colorscheme every now and then.
Inspired by the article I made these collages,
tore the pictures, rearranged them and pimped them with a little bit of acrylic bronze paint.
( images are clickable)Look at those hands, aren't they beautiful?
Should you be interested in bogolan and how it is made, there is a wealth of information on the internet. Some sites I liked are this one, and this and finally this one.
Enjoy!

1 comment:
It does not matter what the material or medium is, we all have certain things we treasure-- for you it is fabric-- for me it is paper or a rusty object or something worn and torn.
Post a Comment