October 16, 2009

New quilt

All my fabrics have been reorganized last weekend. It was a huge job, but I am glad that I know again what's in the house and especially where to find it! I realize that I have to speed up my quiltmaking in order to use at least a part of the fabrics, so once again I started a simple quilt. There is a good instruction on this site and it is a perfect design to combine many different colors of fabrics. The pattern is originally called Chinese coins. The top is finished and today I will baste the layers and I hope to quilt it this weekend, just wish me good luck with my sewing machine...

And then:




when visiting the funny hippy and art town of MAdrid on the New Mexico Turquoise Trail last summer, I spotted this poster along the road. It seems the perfect advice for this weekend:


Enjoy and slow down!

3 comments:

Julie Prichard said...

It DOES sound like great advice for not only the weekend, but life too! Enjoy the weekend, Regina! I look forward to seeing that beautiful quilt progress =)

Allie said...

Your quilt looks lovely!

Four Seasons in a Life said...

Certainly good advice and one that I should be listening to since I spend way too many hours on the computer and being up late.

If memory serves me correct, you have been working on your side and developing it. That is a good things as Martha Steward would say.

Have a great week
Egmont

Blog Widget by LinkWithin