That is how I decided to name this quilt
(with a little wink and sweet memories of the Edwin Hawkins Singers' hit in the early seventies).
In the beginning of September I was inspired by a box of thread spools in my studio while I was trying to declutter all my fabrics. I have written about it in this post.
This is a quilt in its almost most simple form, only one of just plain squares might have been more basic. It was just what I needed at that moment, simple patchwork for a simple quilt, I even did not add a border, mainly because I just wanted to use fabric that was in the house already and for a border I would have had to shop online (and wait!)
Yesterday was quilting day. Nowadays I do all the quiltwork on my sewing machine and every time the big question seems to be: will it cooperate or not?
It did, yesterday, Oh Happy Day!
you see? just using fabrics that were in 'da house'
I could tell a story with each of these fabrics, which is what still,after all this time, makes quilting so wonderful!
here it is on a chair in our living
and on the vide, oh, it makes me feel goodOh, Happy Day !
machine sewing and quilting, cotton, 43 x 51 "

6 comments:
Oh well done, Regina!!
Your quilt is gorgeous! Love all the different fabrics! great job!
thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love quilts and fabric but never cared for sewing-- got ta be able to 'glue' it :-)
beautiful quilts though.
beautiful quilts Regina!
This quilt is just gorgeous! I love the way you have arranged the colors. Well done!
oh, this is a favorite!! stunning!
Post a Comment