In yesterday's post, I mentioned this rectangle as a possible design for a panel. There were quite a few challenges to overcome for me! Fabric choices, of course, what technique to use, what size to make it?I decided on a cotton base, that I first painted with diluted fabric paint (wet in wet), several layers of sprayed paint were applied to achieve the depth in color that spoke to me in the paper design ...
gold lame on it, representing the light yellow spots
The figure on it changed into more like a sun than the original flowerish form, the acrylic bronze paint was applied through a stencil I made of freezer paper
Tthe organza fabric had been in the house for several years, I bought it when I visited the lovely shops in the fabric district in New York. It appeared to be just what I needed to made it somewhat look like the blue-ish bottom in the original design.
And here it is, my first art quilt that has been made working with a design, it has not 'grown' like they usually do with me.I liked the process immensely and will continue working on more of these for some time, as I already know that there is a lot to be learned and improved by working this way!
size: 13 x 40"
hand painted cotton, lame, organza, decorator's fabric, acrylic and fabric paint
fusing, raw edge applique, machine quilted


2 comments:
Thank you for showing how you got from A to B.
The result is fabulous!
and inspirational.
oh my, oh my!!!! Just spectacular love this, Regina!!
Post a Comment