April 3, 2011

I'm having a blast!

This is the first one in a series of 6. I described my way of working in this post and it is leading to surprises and lots of joy!

Translations # 2

13 x 13"

hand dyed cotton, decorator fabric, organza, polyester,

fused, machine stitched and quilted

The original design.

It is looking somewhat simple, but in the series of six it fits perfectly, will show a picture of that in my next post. I have overcome the big brown area with some of my favorite gold lame. The black fabric is a recycled top I sewed and hardly wore because it did not flatter me. I remember buying it at a market in Breda (NL), after having visited the annual exhibit of the Dutch Quilters Guild somewhere in the nineties; I do have a shawl and a little vest of the same fabric that I wear every now and then and still like. In the meantime I am proceeding with the other parts of this experiment, tune in to see the results in the next days.

Thanks for visiting!

Regina

2 comments:

Caterina Giglio said...

I just think it is wonderful work, and looks joyous!

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

I like the beginnings of this new series...you are off to a good start. I especially like how you re-purpose fabric! I'll stay tuned.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin