Hi dear readers,
Most of you know that I have two big passions (there are more, but now I'm talking about BIG), they are collages and fiber art. While I usually switch between these two media regularly, the fiber part has been neglected a bit lately, I guess this is mainly due to the instant gratification factor at making collages! To make it up, I decided to work with textiles again for the time to come, because now we are still at our home in the Caribbean and I have all necessities at hand, whereas we will be travelling again a lot this summer and then I have to do with paper and glue...
Back to textiles: mostly I am working in a spontaneous way, with just a vague idea somewhere 'above' what I want to make, it can be just an internal picture of some colours combined, and then I simply start working. This time it went in a different way, however, for I found this great design tutorial and decided to give it a try.
Boy, that really was working outside my comfort zone!
Firstly I tore magazine pictures to pieces and glued them down on a sheet of white paper. Then I coloured around the shapes with pastel crayons (unfortunately I did not picture this step)
after having coloured with pastels around the shapes on the complete paper I turned the paper and cut it in strips and squares, unseen, to prevent making choices and really get a spontaneous result
Here are some of my squares. I had a colour combination in my head of yellow and pink and should have made it using oil crayons, for these pastels did what they are named after: they gave me pastels (that I usually don't like, didn't I mention the comfort zone??!)
This is one of the strips I glued down in my art journal without any other next to it, for I really liked the outcome. Maybe I could make it in fabric, so that would be my first really designed work? want to know how it has ended? read more tomorrow.... enjoy your Monday! grtz, Regina
No comments:
Post a Comment