October 31, 2015

Finished

Hi!
 
Last week my latest painting was hung in the club where we are members. This club of Dutch speaking people in Moraira (Dutch and Flemish members) offers a large variety of activities, one of them painting. After a long time of working with fabrics only, I could no longer resist the paint and joined the group of paint lovers that get together every Thursday.
Usually there is a specific theme that we all try to work with, changing every six weeks or so. This time it was sports. In this post I already wrote something about that.
 
 
After printing my digital design I transferred the basic lines with charcoal,
 using a raster (still slightly visible when clicking the above image)
 
 
Since I am only a beginning painter without a formal art training,
 it is an extra challenge to get results that look somewhat like the original digital design!
 
 
it was difficult to get the effect of splashing water...
 
 
but I am happy with the results!!
 
(in real life the upper right corner is less yellow..)
 
Thanks for visiting, enjoy the weekend!
 
Regina

Blog Widget by LinkWithin