Hello!
It has been too long, again, that I posted. But there were reasons...
Almost was I finished with preparing a blogpost, when the terrible terrorist attacks in Paris happened.
And again it seemed so useless to me to blog about something like inspiration, beauty and luxuary topics like these. A few weeks went by and slowly I came to realize that there is no reason to deny the importance of writing about these subjects. Of course I knew that rigth away, it's just that at that time I could not, could not do it myself.
That being said, I have been painting, nevertheless...
This month's topic was: 'painting like Van Gogh' and it was quite a struggle for many of my fellow painters on the club I can say
For me the most characteristic are the striped brushstrokes, so I tried to focus on that. I have never been much of a Van Gogh admirer, despite the fact that he was a fellow countryman. But this summer there was a very interesting series on Dutch television that I saw and like often happens, the painter and his life got my attention. The program was presented by Dutch temporary painter Jeroen Krabbe (he is an actor too) and he really succeeded to transfer his enthusiasm onto me!
So the above picture is my interpretation of Painting like Van Gogh. I could have chosen one of his land- or cityscapes, but I found them restless with all those whirling skies and elements. The above chair is after a painting of one of his admirers. I came back to this very (deceptive) simple painting time and again, supposedly because it made me happy to look at it. And now it is in my studio!
It will be hung at the club Thursday next
Thanks for reading, have a great Sunday!
Regina
( oh and, the almost finished blog post will follow next week...)

2 comments:
Erg mooi Regina en het heeft echt de van Gogh"feeling" Ik heb ook genoten van de uitzendingen van Jeroen Krabbé.
Dankjewel Els! Grappig he, we zitten zover van elkaar en babbelen toch gezellig, althans zo voelt het een beetje!
Post a Comment