August 24, 2009

Colours of the ocean

my daily walk was at Guana Bay today. It is situated at the east side of Sint Maarten

the high swells caused by hurricane Bill last week brought this huge fishing net ashore, this is just a detail.
It must have been a huge swell too to throw it on the beach

when I headed to my car, this giant agave plant caught my eye.
It had some beautiful surprises, which I may show in future posts...

and waiting in a traffic jam on my way home,
(yes, we do have them even on our island!), I looked to the right and
was happy to spot this! The house itself is ugly, and its surrounding even more, but this detail wanted to be noticed among all the ugliness. Seeing beauty in everyday things, it still works!

2 comments:

Leslie Avon Miller said...

Good for you to see beauty in everyday things.

Karen Stiehl Osborn said...

Fabulous photo of Guana Bay! Thanks for stopping by my blog and introducing me to yours!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin